BEEZ is one of the standard templates that you get when you first install Joomla. Here's an example of what can be done to modify the BEEZ template using CSS to override the colours etc and changing the header so that it includes an image.
When you first install Joomla this is how the BEEZ template looks . . .
Here's that same template after modification with . . .
Points to note:
At first sight it may look totally different, but if you look carefully you will see that all the elements of the original are still there, but modified. New to Joomla dot com will be adding a series of tutorials to show how these modifications were done.
- you can view the site with the revised BEEZ template (opens in a new window), feel free to browser around and get the look and feel of the site.
- all the colours have been changed
- an image has been added to the header
- header text has been changed
- google adsense adverts have been added in the left-hand column and across the top